As if I haven’t posted enough junk food lately….but after I made those Chewy Orange Cookies, I couldn’t stop thinking about these things I already had in my cupboard, just waiting to be tossed together in this combination.
Another cake mix cookie combination, and this one is just as good! It just appeals to a different taste. Caramel and chocolate is one of those matches made in heaven, I think. I had a caramel cake mix stashed away, then I remembered these new chips by Nestle – the filled ones – in three different flavors. Didn’t I pick up one of the caramel filled ones? Hmmmm, must check. Bingo! How good could this be? And how simple….
Well, it worked, and quite well I must say. One cake mix to one bag of these little chocolate-caramel gems and you have yourself a quick and dirty but totally delicious cookie.
Have you ever had one of your kids forget to tell you that you’re supposed to bring a snack to school tomorrow? Need quick snacks for packed lunches? These go together in about 5 minutes, and take maybe 40 minutes to get them all baked. I have a large cookie sheet and scooped about a tablespoon per cookie, fitting 16 cookies to a sheet. It made exactly 2 sheets full, 32 cookies. Use parchment paper and you don’t even have to wash the cookie sheet when you’re done!
- 1 box Caramel cake mix - I use Duncan Hines
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag Nestle caramel filled chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. (this is optional. If you don't have parchment paper, use a good non-stick cookie sheet. No need to butter the sheet)
- Dump cake mix, eggs, butter and vanilla into a medium mixing bowl and beat at medium speed for about 1 minute. Gently fold in caramel chips.
- Scoop by tablespoons (or whatever your size preference) onto cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so watch them after about 12 minutes.