If you’ve never had Naan bread, you are in for a treat. It’s bubbly, chewy delicious. AND…it is a blank palette of food creation, limited only by your imagination. You can make it fairly easily, but we bought it for quick weeknight pizza.
YUM. And isn’t it pretty? You can bake it longer and hotter to get a crispier crust…it is perfect for quick lunch or dinner…..or breakfast!
This particular pizza, started by my sons girlfriend, does not have traditional pizza sauce, but starts with a little brush of garlic /butter/olive oil mixture, and so on. I have so many more ideas for this….there will be more of these in my future. Including dessert……Nutella????
- To make approximately 6 Naan Pizza's:
- 6 pieces Naan bread
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced; or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 Tablespoons spreadable/whipped cream cheese
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, pearls work nice and quick, or chop it up.
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- About 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- About 1 cup feta cheese
- About ½ pound grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- Slice chicken breast. Season with salt, pepper and garlic. Saute in about 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Or you could season the chicken and grill it, then slice it. This is however you like it.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the naan on a cookie sheet. Mix the butter, olive oil and garlic. Brush this mixture on the Naan, then spread with the cream cheese. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Top that with the spinach, probably 8-10 leaves each pizza. Sprinkle with the feta cheese. Bake for approximately 8 minutes, then throw the tomatoes on and back another 2-4 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your pizza. See if you can let it cool long enough that you won't burn your mouth.